We are an international collective of mathematicians, started during the 2020 Black Lives Matter rebellion.
Our goal is to shift the global mathematics community towards justice, via genuine anti-racism, anti-militarism, and solidarity with the Global South.
We are inspired by the framework of abolition as articulated by Angela Davis, Ruth Wilson Gilmore, Mariame Kaba, and many others.
We acknowledge the role that mathematics plays in sustaining injustice, and the potential it has for creating a freer world built on mutual care and collaboration.
CONTACT US: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We call on the mathematics community to sever its ties with the police state.
- We call on the mathematics community to think intentionally about its sources of funding.
- We call on the mathematics community to reevaluate its connections to the financial sector,
and to reflect on how its expertise can be used in service of collective liberation.
- We call on mathematicians to end collaborations with settler colonialism and state oppression,
and to work against settler colonialism of all forms.
- We fight for Black, brown, and Indigenous self-determination and community control of resources.
- We call for the reorientation of our mathematical and academic spaces around care, compassion, and communication.
- We call for the integration of justice and ethics into standard mathematics curricula.